Sport and Inclusivity: the Rainbow Rexes
December 04, 2020
In this episode, myself (Danny) has a chat with Matt Nadin from Rainbow Rexes Lacrosse who are the worlds first LGBTQ+ inclusive lacrosse club. We talk about the sport, the work that the Rexes are doing, and tips on improving our mental health.
Follow the Rexes on Instagram at @rainbowrexlax (show 'em some love).
The charities discussed in this episode:
- Centrepoint- Centrepoint provides housing and support for young people regionally in London, Manchester, Yorkshire and the North East and through partnerships all over the UK, they aim to give homeless young people a future and we want to end youth homelessness.
- ATK- Supports young people into safe homes and employment, education or training, in a welcoming and open environment that celebrates lgbtq+ identities.
- Stonewall Housing- Stonewall Housing works to ensure lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans people live in safer homes, free from fear, and where we can celebrate our identity and support each other to achieve our full potential.
For more information and support:
- Student Space– Online, 'one-stop shop’ for students in England and Wales who want to find help for their mental health or well-being.
- Student Minds - Information about different support services available, including how to find them and what to expect when using them for the first time.
- GP Service- can refer to specialist support and services.
- University Student Support Services- e.g. counselling, mental health advisers, student advice centre, students’ union.
- Samaritans- phone 116 123, email email@example.com
- SHOUT- 24/7 Crisis support via text- text 85258.
- 999- for an emergency situation.
- NHS 111- Non-emergency line run by the NHS.